Since I have started this journey, I’m trying to cook more at home and not eat out so much. I found this recipe on The Big Weight ( http://the-big-weight.blogspot.com/), Hilary had this recipe called Cowboy Spaghetti from a book called Eat What You Love. I brought the book online b/c the reviews were outstanding.
- 3 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can fire-roasted chopped tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti
4 Points Weight Watchers
Calories: 350, this is including the pasta.
Add the bacon and sauté ( I got already cooked bacon and chopped it up)
Add the onions and green peppers and sauté for another 5 minutes
Add the beef and turkey and cook until brown
Add the pepper, Worcestershire sauce, can tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Stir and simmer for another 10min
Add pasta and 1/2 cup of the sauce and some cheese. Enjoy!!